The SHOP FOX W1715 3/4 HP Metal Cutting Bandsaw is easy-to-use, variable speed, and portable piece of machinery that is perfect for small or large projects.
It is a versatile saw with the ability to cut a variety of materials, including wood, plastics, and metals. Plus, it is at the more affordable end of the market while still built with plenty of practical and safety features.
The ruggedly built SHOP FOX W1715 has the potential to provide long-term, trouble-free service for small or large projects. SHOP FOX puts their hardware through an extensive quality control program to guarantee the reliable and safe operation that customers demand. Here are the best features of this horizontal band saw:
- Solid ¾ HP, 110V, single-phase 1,725 RPM motor
- Variable speed blade (78 FPM at 40 RPM, 108 FPM at 60 RPM, 180 FPM at 80 RPM)
- Blade tension and tilt adjustment
- Sturdy stand built with portability in mind
- Vertical cutting attachment
- Ball bearing blade guides
- Automatic shut-off
- Variable cutting speeds
- 2-year warranty
Technical details: Maximum cut, round stock, 4-1/2 inch – Maximum cut, rectangular stock, 4 x 6 inch – Blade size: 64-1/2 x ½ x 0.025 inch – Blade size: 64-1/2 x ½ x 0.025 inch – Shipping weight 174 pounds
The SHOP FOX W1715 horizontal band saw has plenty of quality features that are certain to interest those working where an economical saw is a practical choice for the small or large project. Here are some of the most pleasing aspects of the SHOP FOX W1715 bandsaw:
- The SHOP FOX W1715 is built to provide complete versatility in its cutting action with a choice of making straight of curved cuts. The increased flexibility means it is possible to achieve the pattern or curved shapes.
- For greater flexibility when using the SHOP FOX W1715 it has been built with a 3-speed cutting action which improves efficiency when cutting different materials (plastic, wood, metal, or others).
- For consistent and accurate cuts, the W1715 is designed with a cast iron stop to make it easy to get the exact same results when making the regular horizontal cuts.
- This horizontal band saw is fitted with a reliable ¾-HP, single-phase motor that runs at 1,725 RPM (revolutions per minute).
- The adjustable feed rate is easily adjusted using a handle control to increase or remove the tension on the spring.
- The SHOP FOX W1715 is fitted with a vertical cutting attachment that makes it easy to complete the vertical cuts.
- The durable wheels and handles on this saw mean it is possible to easily move this piece of machinery around the workshop.
- The SHOP FOX horizontal band saw includes an automatic shut-off feature which activates after completing each cut of metal, wood, plastic, or other material.
- The cutting angle can only be adjusted with the use of tools and the speed is changed by moving the belt to one of the three pulley sizes. For those making several different cuts this is likely to slow the ability to work efficiently.
- The legs for the bandsaw aren’t the most solid out there, so it might benefit to create a more stable base if planning to move the saw regularly.
- The instruction manual included with the bandsaw isn’t the clearest.
If you’re searching for the metal bandsaw at the most cost-effective end of the market, the SHOP FOX W1715 is certain to provide a reliable option in the small or large working environment. It has the ability to operate at variable speeds and cut a variety of materials that differ in relation to hardness. Plus, this saw provides complete flexibility with its compact size and ease in moving to a desired location with help from the fitted handles and wheels.