The Milwaukee 2629-22 M18 Cordless Band Saw is built to run on two powerful Lithium-Ion batteries that give long life, so perfect in the workshop or out on the field.
The increased mobility and low weight design means this tool is great for cutting metal in tight areas or overhead. It has the ability to provide a 3-1/4 inch cut capacity to give the most accurate cut on a variety of metals, while also performing with minimal vibration. Plus, it has high-impact polymer housing and LED sight light for greater control and accuracy in difficult or low-light environments.
Whether it for mechanical, plumbing, or electrical applications, the Milwaukee 2629-22 is a solid and reliable piece of machinery that has plenty of attractive features, including:
- Cut capacity 3-1/4 inch (works with most common materials)
- Lightweight build for easy overhead use
- Tool-free adjustment material shoe
- Gear case in cast-aluminum for greater strength and durability
- LED sight line for use in low-light areas
- Cordless design for greater use in off-site locations
- Solid construction with high-impact polymer casing
- Include 2 high power Lithium-Ion extended capacity batteries for long-term performance
- 5-year limited warranty
Technical details: Power Source: cordless-electric – Voltage: 18 volts – Weight: 10.25 pounds – Dimensions: 19.3 x 18.4 x 6.2 inches
The M18 Cordless Lithium-Ion Band Saw is powerful, lightweight, and gives a long runtime to work on a variety of metal cutting applications. This portable bandsaw gives great flexibility with its ability to operate in any work environment, from a field to a regular workshop. Here are some of the most attractive pros of this hard working bandsaw:
- The Milwaukee 2629-22 has a cutting capacity of 3-1/4 inch and suitable for most of the common materials a mechanic, plumber, or electrician will come across. Use this portable bandsaw to achieve a single pass cut on 2-1/2 inch conduit, 3-inch angle iron, or 3-inch copper.
- The electric or cordless operation of this band saw makes it a highly versatile piece of machinery and perfect for cutting metal in tight spaces, at height, or in-place.
- At a weight of 10.25 pounds this portable bandsaw is nearly 45% lighter than the Milwaukee Deep Cut series. The lightweight design is appreciated when working in the most difficult places or having to regularly cut pipes overhead.
- The easy to use tool-free adjusting material shoe is useful for providing convenient control of the saw. Plus, it gives the option to achieve flush cuts when working in close proximity to ceilings or walls.
- For difficult work in poorly lit environments the LED work light helps to illuminate the preferred cut line for greater accuracy.
- The Milwaukee 2629-22 is built with a blade ejection system to speed up the process of swapping out the worn blade for a new replacement.
- The bandsaw comes with a gear case in cast aluminum for transportation or storage which has the ability to stand up to more abuse on the jobsite.
Even though the Milwaukee 2629-22 gets a lot of praise for its high-quality features, there are one or two shortcomings that have been mentioned by consumers, including:
- The bandsaw blade might in certain circumstance come off its track, but this is usually easy to have repaired (changing the shim seems to help).
- It isn’t the cheapest portable bandsaw out there.
At 18 inches in length and 10 ¼ pounds, the Milwaukee 2629-22 M18 18-Volt Cordless Band Saw is the perfect piece of machinery for cutting metal in tight spaces, overhead, or in-place. Its low vibration and 3-1/4 inch cut capacity gives a clean and reliable cut of threaded rod, copper, angle iron, conduit, strut, and more. Other features of this portable bandsaw include the tool-free adjustable material guide (great for making cuts flush to the wall or ceiling), blade ejection system, and LED work light.