The Makita XBP02 Portable Band Saw is compact in design, battery-powered, and feature-rich to provide a perfect tool for the pro contractor involved in plumbing, metal fabrication, installation, or electrical.
It is a variable speed control dial and LED light to illuminate the work space in low-light environments. Plus, the ergonomic shape of this personal bandsaw helps to minimize fatigue and make sure the tool fits like a glove.
A versatile tool for a variety of applications, the Makita XBP02 is built with a high-torque motor and plenty of practical and safety features for professional performance. Let’s look at some of the best features of this portable bandsaw:
- Cutting capacity 4-3/4 x 4-3/4 inch
- 6 speed settings to match the material
- Fast cutting experience with 275-530-ft per minute
- Built-in LED light for low-light conditions
- Lightweight build at 14.3 pounds (including battery)
- Battery operated to provide greater mobility
- Over-torque control to minimize issues with the motor
- Solid design with protective bumper
- Rubberized grip for easy handling
- Tool hook for convenience when not in use
- Uses standard blades (44-7/8 x ½ inch)
- 3-year warranty
Technical details: Weight: 14.3 pounds – Power Source: battery-powered – Batteries: 1 Lithium ion battery – Dimensions: 11 x 30 x 22 inches
The Makita 18-Volt cordless bandsaw is a perfect cutting tool for those working in the more difficult work environment that doesn’t make the use of an electrical appliance a practical option. The Makita XBP02 is rich in features with a light, compact design that gives great versatility when cutting a variety of metal-based materials. Here are some of the most appealing features of the bandsaw:
- The Makita XBP02 is built with a 6-speed variable control dial which makes it possible to easily adjust the speed and performance to match the specific application.
- The 8V LXT® Lithium-Ion 3.0 Ah battery has the ability to reach a complete charge within a period of 30-minutes or less. The bandsaw comes with two batteries to ensure a spare is ready to use at all times.
- The Makita-built motor has the ability to provide fast and responsive cutting action with 275 to 530 ft per minute.
- The solid construction of this portable bandsaw includes protective bumper for added strength and durability.
- The ergonomic and compact design of the Makita XBP02 makes it a comfortable piece of machinery to use in many different situations.
- The lightweight build at only 14.3 pounds (including battery) makes it easy to use for prolonged periods and lowers the risk of operator fatigue. Plus, the rubberized soft grips of the handle further help to increase the comfort level while using this tool.
- The Makita XBP02 bandsaw has a built-in LED light to help illuminate the work area and significantly improve the ability to work in poorly lit environments.
- This portable saw is built to accept standard blades (44-7/8 x ½ inches) for more convenience and the ability to shop from a greater selection of blades.
- It includes a tool hook for easy in securing the bandsaw in a safe place when not in use to avoid causing accidental damage.
Even though the Makita XBP02 is able to attract the positive feedback it does have one or two minor flaws mentioned by consumers, including:
- The portable bandsaw can start to feel a little heavy after regular use so a break every so often should help to avoid issues with fatigue.
At just 14.3 pounds and 20-5/8 inch in length, the Makita XBP02 18V Portable Band Saw is engineered to work with a variety of metals (square tubing, sheet metal, pipe, conduit, corrugated, all thread, etc.) cutting performance. With its high torque motor, variable speed, LED light, and cordless operation, this saw has the ability to provide a clean cut time after time.