The Grizzly G0622 Metal-Cutting Bandsaw is a perfect piece of machinery for the small workshop with its 4-1/2 inch cutting capacity, automatic shut-off, three cutting speeds, and vertical cutting attachment.
With a variable speed control dial (78 108, or 180-ft per minute) this saw makes it possible to easily adjust the setup to match the specific job and materials.
Whether it is the variable speed settings, portability options, or solid construction, there is a wide range of attractive features that make the Grizzly G0622 a promising choice in plenty of industries. Let’s look at some of the most appealing features of this horizontal band saw:
- Cutting capacity 4-1/2 inch (circular) or 4 x 6 inch (rectangular)
- Motor HP 110V single-phase 1 725 RPM
- Variable speeds (78 108 180 FPM)
- Automatic shut-off after each cut
- Solid cast iron frame with ball bearing construction
- Powder coated finish for long-term protection
- Vertical cutting attachment for ease in cutting bar stock or pipe to length
- Handles and wheels for portability
- Includes blade (standard size)
Technical details: Blade size: 64-1/2 x ½ inch – Power Source: corded-electric – Weight: 120 pounds – Dimensions: 14 x 39 x 15 inches
The Grizzly G0622 Metal-Cutting Bandsaw, 4 x 6-Inch has everything the pro contractor needs to cut metal stock with complete accuracy and precision. It is powerful, versatile, and fitted with must-have safety feature to ensure it is able to complete a wide range of cuts in complete confidence. Here are some of the most attractive pros related to this horizontal band saw:
- The cutting capacity for the Grizzly G0622 is 4-1/2 inch when working with circular stock and 4 x 6 inch when working with rectangular stock.
- The Grizzly G0622 is built with a robust ¾ HP, 110-v motor which gives reliable performance and gives the option to adjust the speed (78 108 or 180-ft per minute) to match the specific type of job or material. The motor has a maximum speed of 1,725 revolutions per minute.
- Even though this is primarily a horizontal band saw it does have vertical cutting attachment for increased functionality and ability to cut in a vertical position. This is useful for cutting the longer length pieces of material such as the bar stock or pipes. Plus, the vertical attachment makes it possible to easily cut angles or unique shapes.
- The solid construction in cast iron makes this piece of machinery a very durable and heavy-duty tool. Plus, it is finished with a powder coated paint to help maintain its appearance.
- The Grizzly G0622 has an automatic shut-off feature which is designed to switch off once the tool has completed each cut. This is a useful safety feature to prevent loss of control or accidents.
- For increased mobility, this metal bandsaw is fitted with handles and wheels to make it easier to move this 127 pound tool within the workshop environment.
This horizontal band saw is a great piece of machinery for the work or home shop and includes plenty of features for the safest and cleanest cuts, but it does have a few minor issues, such as:
- The Grizzly G0622 is a heavy piece of machinery which has the potential to cause issues with shipping.
- The pre-packed blade is OK quality, but it generally benefits to upgrade to match the specific work applications, especially if working with hard metals like steel.
If you are after a great entry level saw with plenty of practical and safety features, the Grizzly G0622 Metal-Cutting Bandsaw is certain to offer one of the most attractive prospects. With the ability to cut through multiple types and widths of material, this bandsaw is a great addition to a small shop, farm, or similar set-up that needs to work on cutting to size different materials. Other great features include the variable speed, auto shut-off, portable design, and solid construction.