The large-capacity Grizzly G0561 Metal Cutting Bandsaw is built with plenty of practical and safety features to work perfectly in any professional environment.
It has the ability to cut 7 inch round stock and 7 x 12 inch rectangular stock. Its small footprint (13 x 38 inches) and heavy-duty cast iron wheels means this horizontal band saw is still completely mobile within the workshop. Other features include the blade brush, coolant system, and hydraulic down feed control.
- 1 HP, 110V/220V, single-phase motor
- Hydraulic feed control
- Automatic shut-off after each cut
- Quick-positioning vise
- Blade brush guard
- Variable speed for greater flexibility (90, 135, 195, and 255-ft per minute)
- Solid cast iron construction
- Stand in heavy gauge steel
- Shielded and lubricated ball bearing
- Fully coolant system
- Includes blade
Technical details: Cutting capacity, circular, 45 degrees: 5 inch – Cutting capacity, circular, 90 degrees: 7 inch – Cutting capacity, rectangular, 45 degrees: 4-3/4 x 4-1/2 inch – Cutting capacity, rectangular, 90 degrees: 7 x 12 inch – Blade size: 93 x ¾ inch – Coolant capacity: 2-1/2 gallons – Weight: 343 pounds – Dimensions (L x W x H): 48 x 16 x 40 inches
Even though the Grizzly G0561 Metal Cutting Bandsaw, 7 x 12-Inch is compact in size it is still a large capacity tool with the ability to cut a variety of materials. Here are some of the most helpful pros related to this metal bandsaw:
- This horizontal band saw is designed to provide a versatile cutting experience with its ability to cut round stock at 7 inches or rectangular stock at 7 x 12 inch.
- The Grizzly G0561 is built to be completely mobile with its small footprint (13 x 38 inches) and case iron wheels. This is great for the workshop with limited space where it isn’t possible to leave the saw out in the open at all times.
- The solid cast iron construction (bed, body frame, and wheel) makes this a heavy piece of machinery that is certain to stand up to most abuse in the workshop environment. Plus, it gives a finish in powder coated paint to increase the ability to maintain its clean looks.
- It is built with an automatic shut-off feature for extra safety while the bandsaw is in use. The shut-off feature works by automatically switching off the blade after completing each cut of metal or other material.
- To increase the usable lifespan of the blades and achieve the smooth cut, the Grizzly G0561 includes a coolant system feature. The coolant tank has a capacity of 2-1/2 gallons and is easily operated using the coolant hose to control the amount of fluid allowed to flow.
- The Grizzly G0561 is equipped with a quick-positioning vise to make it possible to easily get control of the clamping jaw. This is useful when working with a variety of materials that can benefit from a change in the vise position.
The Grizzly G0561 Metal Cutting Bandsaw, 7 x 12-Inch is a very strong and easy-to-use piece of machinery, but has some minor flaws, including:
- The coolant system has the potential to spray everywhere, even when on one of the slowest settings, but this issue is easily resolved with a few minor adjustments to the reservoir. Plus, the instructions aren’t very helpful when it comes to the coolant system.
- It can start to run quite loud, especially in the area of the drive pulley.
- This horizontal band saw might sit too low for some users (it is in the region of 22 inches off the ground).
At 300+ pounds the Grizzly G0561 is a heavy piece of machinery, but perfect for the small to medium sized shop. With its high-quality features like the quick-positioning vise, coolant system, robust motor, automatic shut-off, and hydraulic feed control, this saw is easily able to slice through the most common materials to leave each piece of metal with a smooth and sharp cut.